Rabbit socialization Volunteer
Visit adoptable rabbits in a pet store at least one hour at a time on a regular schedule, preferably once a week for a minimum of six months. Provide exercise opportunity, socialize with the rabbit, monitor disposition & basic health signs. Total time spent at store will usually be at least 1.5 hours per visit, which includes time before & after rabbit exercise to set up & put away supplies. Regular access to email is required.
- Apple Valley: 7590 150th St W, Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Eden Prairie: 8020 Glen Ln, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Fridley: 753 53rd Ave NE, Fridley, MN 55421
- Highland Park: 2277 Ford Pkwy, St Paul, MN 55116
- Minnetonka: 13691 Ridgedale Dr, Minnetonka, MN 55305
- Richfield: 710 W 66th St, Richfield, MN 55423
- Roseville: 2575 Fairview Ave N, Roseville, MN 55113
Interest in becoming a Rabbit socialization Volunteer?
Complete the form below and we'll contact you to schedule training!
MCRS works with shelters to take ‘overflow’ and special needs rabbits that are not doing well in shelters. Often, all these rabbits need is a less stressful environment, some one-on-one attention, or even just a little more time. Providing a foster home for one of these rabbits can be a very rewarding experience and literally saves a life. Information about becoming a foster and a form to sign up is on the MCRS Foster Page here.
Interested in volunteering with Minnesota Companion Rabbit Society? Join us at the Animal Humane Society for MCRS Orientation! All new volunteers must take orientation.
Classes are held in Woodbury and Golden Valley from 6:30 – 8 pm monthly. You can register for Orientation using the form on our volunteer page.